Flourless Chocolate Cookies are the best chocolate chewy cookies you’ll ever get to try. For chocolate lovers, this cookie uses double chocolate and it is amazing. This cookie has a fudgy center much like eating a fudgy brownie while the outer shell has a delicate crisp texture to it. If you’re looking for a gluten-free chocolate cookie recipe, try making this one.
If you’re looking for Torrance Bakery chocolate chewy cookie recipe, this flourless chocolate cookie recipe was inspired by that delicious cookie. You may just need to add walnuts which I’ll try to make next time. I’m especially eager to try baking their maple pecan chews.
These flourless chocolate cookies are easy to make and requires minimal ingredients which are as follows:
- Confectioner’s sugar or powdered sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Egg whites
- Vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate chips
The flourless chocolate cookie is very easy to make. My daughter wanted to bake so she made this while I supervised. If you’re baking with kids, this is pretty easy. I’m adding some baking tips though for those who are new to making chocolate chip cookies without flour from scratch.
- Make sure to use dark chocolate chips versus semi-sweet chocolate chips as this flourless chocolate cookie recipe contains powdered sugar or your cookie may turn out too sweet. I used mini chocolate chips but you can use regular-sized chocolate chips as well. I actually think the regular-sized chocolate chips would look better on these flourless chocolate cookies as the mini chips appear to look like seeds once baked.
- This recipe requires egg whites only. I want to make sure you don’t accidentally put the whole egg. While we’re at it, try to separate the egg whites in a different bowl to avoid dropping eggshells or even the egg yolk itself into the dry ingredients.
- Make sure the dry ingredients have been combined well before adding the egg and chocolate chips as it would be hard to combine after that. It’s like a very sticky batter.
- The flourless chocolate cookie batter tends to spread more on the baking sheet when you have just made it so I would recommend letting it sit for a bit to dry out a little before scooping them unto the baking sheet.
- The cookies come out big. If you want a slightly smaller version, scoop less than 1/4 cup unto your baking sheet.
- Make sure to space the cookie batter well on the baking sheet as they will spread, almost double in size so they will literally be connected if you don’t. It happened to my 1st batch. Make it bigger than how you normally space out other cookies you bake.
- When I placed the parchment paper on the baking sheet, I brushed it with melted butter. This helped me easily get the flourless chocolate cookie out of the parchment paper after the cookie was done in the oven. You don’t need a spatula to take the cookies out of the parchment paper, I recommend peeling the parchment paper from the cookie instead.
recommended Baking tools
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE COOKIE RECIPE
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg whites, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips (don't use semi-sweet, it will be too sweet)